Free Home Games on PokerStars
ANNOUNCEMENT: All Home Game Players must have a rec.poker account with their EXACT PokerStars username recorded in the PokerStars Username field of their rec.poker profile.
You can still choose to keep your information private – only if your name and PokerStars Username fields are public will your name be used on the podcast for winner announcements.
We run several rounds of play-money tournaments throughout the year, at least ten every week! Come win a REC.POKER pin and an invitation to return for a winners-only Tournament of Champions! It’s one of the perks for members of our free community.
We have three different Home Game series available. Everyone is welcome to play in all of them. Click on the series below for more information and all of the historical results:
- NLHE Series – A No-Limit Hold’em series played the first Wednesday of each month. Results apply to a NLHE Player of the Year (POY) points race.
- Mixed Series – A Mixed game series played the second Wednesday of each month. Results apply to a Mixed Game Player of the Year (POY) points race.
- Daily Series – The Daily Series includes (all time Central):
- Nightly 8pm: No-Limit Hold’em (winners advance to a monthly Tournament of Champions). The Sunday Nightly is known as “Learn Pro Poker Sunday” because the winner gets a prize from Learn Pro Poker and, if Ryan Laplante plays, there is also an LPP prize for whoever knocks him out.
- Saturday 8am and 2pm: International (open to everyone)
- Saturday 8pm: Mixed Game practice (same game as the next monthly Mixed Series tournament)
- Third Saturday in June, September and December 1pm: Heads-up Tournament (No late registration)
Anyone can join and play the home game, but you must have a free rec.poker account with your PokerStars Username and your own first and last name in your profile. We need it in our system to co-ordinate your invitations and prizes – you don’t have to set it for public view, just make sure it’s entered in your profile so the site admins can verify your identity. Starting November 1, 2020: Your request to join the home game club will not be accepted until you have met these requirements.
How to Join
Read our Tutorial for more information.
- Download the free software from PokerStars and create a free user account.
(Or if you would like to save your hand histories, follow these instructions)
- Sign into (or create) your free Rec.Poker account and set the PokerStars Username to your EXACT PokerStars Username.
- Click on the Home Games tab from the main lobby.
- Click Join a Poker Club.
- Enter Club ID: 3189002
- Sign in to your rec.poker account to view invitation code.
Again for emphasis: Anyone can join and play the home game, but you must have a free rec.poker account with your PokerStars Username and your own first and last name in your profile. We need it in our system to co-ordinate your invitations and prizes – you don’t have to set it for public view, just make sure it’s entered in your profile so the site admins can verify your identity. Starting November 1, 2020: Your request to join the home game club will not be accepted until you have met these requirements.
NOTE: If you want your real name used when winners are announced for the podcast, be sure your First Name, Last Name and PokerStars Username are all public. (You can choose only first or last name to be public, but your PokerStars Username must be public if you want any of your name to be in the podcast announcements.) While all play in the home games is subject to being recorded, edited, analyzed, commentated upon, and broadcast or published by RecPoker, no private information will ever be shared.
- Membership requests are manually approved (usually within 24 hours)
- You will need 20,000 play chips to play a home game and can receive 15,000 every 4 hours for free.
Not only do you get bragging rights and a shout out on the RecPoker Podcast for winning a home game, you get a coveted REC.POKER Pin! Read all about these pins HERE.
Get Pokerstars to join our homegame club.
Check here for all the upcoming home game events.
Online Play & Hang (OPaH): Live Voice (and Video) Chat on Discord
Once you have joined, poke around and engage in the conversation. If you are playing in a home game, JOIN the voice channel to chat (and even do video) with others in the game.