RecPoker Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community!

• Folding AK suited pre? Canterbury 150$ deep stack.

Posted by jacob-kieke on January 10, 2023 at 5:10 pm

Are you ever folding AK suited pre here?

Some context, my first live tournament in probably 4 months there are 30/131 left 12 pay, around 4k up top. I have been cruising in this tournament, I am in the zone, it’s one those tournaments were I feel like I am playing at the ceiling that I personally believe I can play for how little live I’ve played recently and the little studying I’ve done. I’m picking off bluffs in though spots, getting value when I have it, getting bluffs through, applying pressure. I’m at the top of my theoretical game.

Blinds were just 500/1k/1k, I just had 110bbs (average stack is 65bbs) and lost 35 bbs on a guy punting with 66s and KK < 66 all in pre. It is what it is.

Very next hand blinds go up to 600/1.2/1.2. I have 62.5 bbs and I look down at AK of spades, UTG limps and UTG +2 raises to 4bbs, I from the cutoff raises to 16bbs (I make a mistake here, raised to 12bbs and I made it to big in reflection). UTG folds and UTG +2 jams 49 bbs. What should I do?

I’m playing well, made a mistake on 3 bet sizing, I’ve been aggressive today and the guy might think I’m on tilt losing KK < 66 the hand before. Is 49 bbs to much to go with it here?

rabman50 replied 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • aceragoff

January 25, 2023 at 7:31 pm

I haven’t seen any 4bet bluffs (plenty of 3 bet bluffs) in the Sunday $150s at Canterbury when I have been playing (trying to play once a month, so I know my volume is limited), so I think this is probably a fold (that I probably don’t make) in this particular tournament unless you have some history with OP.

• rabman50

Administrator
    January 26, 2023 at 2:20 pm

I Agree with Daniel here. I would fold at this stack depth. I also think your 3bet sizing was fine. I like a 3x 3bet and maybe a 2.5x 4bet sizing. In these small buy-in local card room tournaments you won’t find many players capable of 4betting all-in with less than AA-KK. Best case scenario is chopping with AK. In other words, throw GTO out the window and exploitively fold based on population tendencies.