RecPoker Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community!

• Tough hand in $109 PKO, always difficult playing OOP

Posted by petvet on September 6, 2021 at 8:02 pm

This hand was played in a $109 PKO on Stars. I am in MP (LJ) have 48bb and raise to 2.2bb with AsJh and get a call from the button who has me covered with 70bb.

Flop is TcJsQs. I decide to check this flop but I think I should make a cbet, but how much? Certainly don’t want to get raised off my equity and villain has 33% fold to cbet stat so I decide to check, mostly for pot control.

Turn is Ac and I decide to check again with my 2 pair. Villain bets half pot and I call. Maybe a x/r would be better here? Pot is 13.8bb.

River is 2s, we check and villain overbets pot puts us all in. We have As so block nut flush, does villain do this with a non nut flush, worse two pair or just a king? Is this a call for us seeing we never showed much strength and our two pair is somewhat disguised?

Pretty sure I misplayed this hand, possibly on every street!

You can also check out the play of the hand on Checkdecide:

https://www.checkdecide.com/hand/U2FsdGVkX1%2BqKCp4h5Oepzb7gU74GjoRm2yu6Yf8%2FQiZHoP7RkJqLWoRjk6rRocS

sirgasleak replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • yamel

September 6, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Very interesting hand and check-decide is very cool…

I like the check oop rather than using a big sizing on the flolp on this connected draw heavy board. We have a marginal bluff catcher and equity, so don’t want to blow up the pot.

Once v checks behind, I like a delayed C-bet vs a more capped range that didn’t bet the flop…I could see getting value from a lot of draws and worse pairs on a very draw heavy board. Also betting turn may let us see river more cheaply since we take control of the action and can control the river sizing or discourage too many bluffs.

As played, I like the river fold…bet is too large and I assume straights or flushes a lot. One pair hands wouldn’t take this sizing imo.

• sirgasleak

September 7, 2021 at 11:02 am

Really ugly runout.

I check the flop too because that flop absolutely nails a button calling range. Lots of 2P, big draws, pair+draws. Turn pulls you ahead of all those hands but you’re now dead to any Kx. So I check again.

River is odd because he’s shoving 3x pot on a very coordinated board. Given how good the board is for your range, and the fact that he doesn’t have the As, he shouldn’t be making this move as a bluff. Shoving for value against shorter stacks is a common move in PKOs because of the added equity from your bounty if you decide to make a thin call.

You can’t beat any hand he’s shoving for value, and I just don’t see many bluffs here, so river is a sigh-fold.